Professional legal assistance on obtaining passport of Ukraine
The main legal act on which prescibes how to get Ukraine passport and how to become Ukrainian citizen is the Law of Ukraine “On Citizenship of Ukraine”, which approved Ukraine citizenship requirements, procedure for Ukrainian passport application form in accordance to immigration policy.
Registration of the acquisition of citizenship of Ukraine is carried out solely on the initiative of candidate. A petition for the acquisition of Ukrainian citizenship may be filed not only by a stateless person, but also by a foreigner who undertakes to terminate foreign citizenship within 2 years from the moment of his registration as a citizen of Ukraine.
Does Ukraine recognizes a dual citizenship? In Ukraine dual citizenship is forbidden.
Persons who have acquired the citizenship of Ukraine and have undertaken to terminate foreign citizenship are documented by temporary certificates of a citizen of Ukraine for a term up to 2 years. Passports of a citizen of Ukraine to such persons are issued only after termination of their foreign citizenship or in case of submission of declarations of refusal of foreign citizenship.
Acquiring Ukrainian citizenship by children between the ages of 14 and 18 can take place only with their consent.
Documents confirming the citizenship of Ukraine:
– passport the citizen of Ukraine;
– certificate Ukrainian citizenship;
– passport of citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad;
– temporary certificate of the citizen of Ukraine;
– travel document of the child;
– diplomatic passport;
– service passport;
– seafarer’s identity certificate;
– crew member certificate;
– identity certificate for return to Ukraine.
People who looking on how to obtain Ukrainian citizenship should contact immigration lawyer for proper consultation, analysis of legal documents and possibilities for such complicated procedure, approximate terms of its obtaining. Without lawyer it can be very risky to face refusal decision from Ukrainian State Migration Service, unpleasent delays and legal mistakes.
Acquiring citizenship of Ukraine by birth
– parents or one of the parents at the time of her birth were citizens of Ukraine;
– was born on the territory of Ukraine from stateless persons who legally reside in Ukraine;
– was born outside of Ukraine from stateless persons who permanently live legally on the territory of Ukraine and did not acquire the citizenship of another state at birth;
– was born on the territory of Ukraine from foreigners who legally reside in Ukraine and did not acquire any parent at the birth of a citizen;
– was born on the territory of Ukraine, one of whose parents was granted refugee status in Ukraine or asylum in Ukraine, and did not acquire any parent under the birth of a parent or acquired the citizenship of the parent who was granted refugee status in Ukraine or asylum in Ukraine;
– born on the territory of Ukraine from a foreigner and stateless persons who legally reside in the territory of Ukraine, and did not acquire, at the birth of the citizenship, of a parent who is a foreigner;
– is a newborn child found on the territory of Ukraine, both of whose parents are unknown (found);
A person who has the right to acquire Ukrainian citizenship by birth is a citizen of Ukraine from the moment of his birth.
Acquisition of citizenship of Ukraine by territorial origin
a stateless person or a foreigner who has submitted an obligation to terminate foreign citizenship and has filed an application for the acquisition of citizenship of Ukraine, as well as his minor children, are registered by citizens of Ukraine, if such person (one from options):
– he/she or at least one of his/her parents, grandfather or grandmother, relatives (full and inequal) brother or sister, son or daughter, grandchild or grandson were born or permanently resided until August 24, 1991 in the territory that became the territory of Ukraine in accordance with the Law of Ukraine The Law of Ukraine “On the Succession of Ukraine”;
– he/she or at least one of his/her parents, grandparents or grandparents, relatives (full and inhomogeneous) brothers or sisters were born or permanently resided in other territories that were at the time of their birth or during their permanent residence in the Ukrainian People’s Republic, the Western Ukrainian People’s Republic of Ukraine, Ukrainian State, Ukrainian Socialist Soviet Republic, Transcarpathian Ukraine, Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (USSR).
Acquisition of citizenship of Ukraine
a foreigner or a stateless person may be, upon their petitions, taken to the citizenship of Ukraine. The conditions for admittance to the citizenship of Ukraine are (simultaneous execution) *:
– recognition and observance of the Constitution of Ukraine and the laws of Ukraine;
– submission of a declaration on the absence of foreign citizenship (for stateless persons) or an obligation to terminate foreign citizenship (for foreigners);
– permanent residence on legal grounds on the territory of Ukraine during the last five years;
– obtaining the permit for immigration;
– possession or understanding of the state language to the extent sufficient for communication;
– availability of legal sources of existence.
The offers and prices indicated on the site are neither advertising nor an offer.
This article is for guidance only and do not replace individual legal advice. The use of this material in personal files without prior legal advice from a lawyer can cause you irreparable damage. The author does not guarantee the correctness, completeness, relevance or quality of the information provided. The author is not liable for damage resulting from the use of this article. This does not apply in cases where the damage was caused by intentional or gross negligence.
This content is protected by copyright. Use of materials posted on this site is allowed only with the written consent of the author. When using our materials, a link to this site is required.