– How does the appeal procedure work? Which actions should be done?
– The visa refusal appeal procedure means that the applicant should submit an appeal letter to the Embassy or Consulate that considered previous refusal. The appeal letter is a legal document that should be prepared in accordance to Ukrainian legislation provisions and terms.
– Do I need to pay consular fees again to submit the appeal?
– No, the right for appeal is free of charge.
– How can I submit the appeal? What if there is no Embassy or Consulate at my place?
– It is recommended to submit the appeal in person directly to the Embassy or Consulate of Ukraine. In addition, visa centers admit appeal letters. If the nearest visa center, Embassy or Consulate is far away or even in a neighbouring country then there are only two options: to travel there and submit in person or to submit the appeal via post courier service.
– Why should I hire your immigration lawyer for the appeal procedure?
– It is not mandatory to have an immigration lawyer on your side in such cases however without knowledge and experience on the appeal procedure your chances to obtain the visa will be much less compared to involvement of a lawyer on your side. Oftentimes people decide to hire an immigration lawyer only after several attempts to apply for a visa by their own and repeated refusals. Unfortunately the more times the applicant received refusals the more complicated will be the work for our immigration lawyer.
– Is there any guarantee that the appeal will work out?
– Surely the well-prepared and substantiated by legal knowledges appeal letter and done additional legal actions will increase chances to win the visa refusal appeal case and get a visa, however unfortunately there cannot be 100% guarantee because the right of the consideration on the matter belongs ONLY to the Embassy/Consulate. In other words if the visa refusal appeal will be refused then the applicant will have only two options: to re-apply for a new visa or to appeal to the Ukrainian court (in such case the fact of the previous appeal will be a big advantage that proves applicant’s intentions). In addition, case by case it is possible to assume estimated chances to get a visa through the appeal process.
– My friends say that the visa appeal appeal procedure is a waste of time and money.
– That is absolutely incorrect. If you do not appeal then the situation will remain the same or become worse if you attempt to re-apply for a visa again and again without appealing previous refusal decisions. It is better to do everything possible in legal means. If you will just re-apply on a visa one more time again or even more times then you demonstrate that you agreed with the previous refusal decision and its reasons. Instead if you will appeal the visa refusal decision then you demonstrate a strong disagreement with an unfair and/or mistaken decision. Moreover, you can check our real testimonials and regular updates about cases that won our immigration lawyer on every type of visa (short and long term, work, study, family reunion, private and business visit, even tourism etc) and in many countries all over the world.