What to do in case if visa application to Ukraine was refused?
The refusal decision must be accompanied with an official letter from the embassy/consulate and, according to Ukrainian law, prescribe only the 10 following below reasons.
1. national security or public order protection
2. public health protection, protection of rights and legal interests of Ukrainian citizens and other persons residing in Ukraine
3. existing entry ban to Ukraine
4. passport document is forged, corrupted or not conforming to the established model or belongs to another person
5. false information or counterfeit other documents
6. absence or invalid medical insurance
7. lack of sufficient financial support
8. failure to prove the purpose of foreigner’s/stateless person’s intended stay in Ukraine
9. the absence of documents that make it possible to establish the intention of a foreigner or stateless person to leave the territory of Ukraine before the expiration of the visa
10. application of the applicant for the termination of consideration of the visa application
After such a decision, the embassy/consulate officer makes a note in the passport: “Applied” (“Звертався”), with the date and gives the refusal decision notification in which one of the above reasons is mentioned and certifies with his/her signature. In case if the visa application was submitted online the Applicant might receive a notification on email. The provision of more detailed information about the reason of refusal is not prescribed by the current legislation.
However, in case of rejection to issue a visa to Ukraine, do not despair – you have a free right to appeal such a decision by submitting an appeal letter to the head of the embassy or consulate. The term of consideration of this letter is set to 10-30 days.
If you believe that the decision to deny to issue visa is not legitimate, our lawyer can prepare an appeal letter requesting to reconsider visa application and grant you a visa to Ukraine. With our experience and deep analysis your chances to get a visa to Ukraine will highly increase. In addition, depending on the reason of visa refusal decision our lawyer can contact authorized state authorities in Ukraine in order to get necessary and recommended extra support documents which will prove that you have full right to enter Ukraine.
Have more questions about the Ukraine visa refusal appeal process? Check the link below for frequently asked questions or contact our lawyer for a free initial consultation.
The offers and prices indicated on the site are neither advertising nor an offer.
This article is for guidance only and do not replace individual legal advice. The use of this material in personal files without prior legal advice from a lawyer can cause you irreparable damage. The author does not guarantee the correctness, completeness, relevance or quality of the information provided. The author is not liable for damage resulting from the use of this article. This does not apply in cases where the damage was caused by intentional or gross negligence.
This content is protected by copyright. Use of materials posted on this site is allowed only with the written consent of the author. When using our materials, a link to this site is required.