Warning notice

The service is temporarily out of order

Poland visa and immigration information

Before applying for visa to Poland, decide what type of visa you would like to receive:

Airport Transit Visa (Type A)

Choose this type of visa if you only plan to transit through the international area of ​​the Schengen area airport and travel on the basis of a foreign passport in one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Iraq , Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka.

Schengen visa (type C)

Visa for persons planning to stay in Poland or other Schengen countries for a maximum of 90 days during each 180-day period. This means that you can stay in it legally only in the situation, if during your last 180 days your stay in the countries of the zone did not exceed 90 days.

You can apply for a Schengen visa at a Polish diplomatic institution if:

– Poland is the sole purpose of your visit to the Schengen area;
– if you want to visit more than one zone country but Poland is the main destination;
– if you cannot decide which of the Schengen states is the main destination for the trip, but Poland is the first country to cross the border in the Schengen area.

National visa (type D)

Please apply for such a visa if you want to stay in Poland for more than 90 days. However, this visa may not exceed one year. You are required to apply for a National Visa Application Form if you wish to obtain asylum, repatriation or if you enjoy the rights granted to you by the Pole Card.

Simplified visa procedure for EU family members

Who can use the procedure:

REMEMBER: The procedure applies only to family members of EU citizens who do not have Polish citizenship or do not reside in Poland permanently.

EU citizens are:

– nationals of EU Member States
– citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland

An EU citizen is considered to be a member of:

– his husband (wife),
– partner with whom an EU citizen has entered into a registered civil partnership under the law of that State Party, provided that the law in that country recognizes the equality of formal civil partnership and marriage,
– child aged 21 or older who is a dependent of an EU citizen, his or her spouse or partner.

What rights does it give:

– visa application is free of charge;
– your application will be accepted at a diplomatic institution without the need for prior registration.

Required documents:

– Printed and signed visa application form (filled in e-konsulat website)
– Topical 3.5 x 4.5 cm color photo
– Valid passport
– Document confirming marriage or civil partnership with an EU citizen
– Document confirming the fact of escorting an EU citizen while traveling or joining his / her place of residence

Visa refusal:

The basis for a negative decision may be solely:

– appearing on the list of persons whose stay in Poland is undesirable;
– the negative conclusion of visa authorities that will conclude that your stay could be a threat to the defense or security of the state, or to the protection of public safety, order and health.

The refusal of a consul to issue a visa is made by a decision. The decision to refuse to issue this type of visa can be appealed to the Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Biometric data

When applying for a visa application, you will be provided with biometric data: a photo in the case of a national visa, as well as a photo and a fingerprint in the case of applying for a Schengen visa.

If you have applied for a Schengen visa within the last 59 months and have taken your fingerprints, you will not need to provide them again – the system will automatically transfer your data.

The following persons are exempted from fingerprinting:

– children under 12;
– persons who are physically unable to take their fingerprints (eg, due to lack of fingers or temporary injury);
– heads of state and government, members of national governments with their accompanying husband or wife, as well as members of the official delegation, on official visits;
– monarchs and importantly ranked members of the royal family on official trips.

Personal information

The authority responsible for processing the data contained in the Visa Information System (VIS) is the Central Technical Authority of the National Information System, Police Chief Office, ul. Pulawska, 148/150, 02-624 Warsaw.

Complaints about the protection of personal data are considered by the Inspector General of Personal Data Protection, ul. Ponds, 2, 00-193 Warsaw.