Oftentimes our clients ask us typical questions about visa refusal decision to Ukraine. We decided to post detailed answers on most asked questions and hope it will hell people to understand more about the reasons of refusal and key steps on the appeal procedure.
– How the appeal procedure works? Which actions should be done?
– The visa refusal appeal procedure means that the applicant should to submit an appeal letter to the embassy or consulate that considered previous refusal. The appeal letter it is a legal document that should be prepared in accordance to Ukrainian legislation provisions and terms.
– Do I need to pay consular fees again to submit the appeal?
– No, the right for appeal is free of charge.
– How can I submit the appeal? What if there is no embassy in my area?
– It is recommended to submit the appeal in person directly to the embassy or consulate of Ukraine. In addition, visa centers admit appeal letters. If the nearest visa center, embassy or consulate is far away or even in neighbor country then there are only two options: to travel there and submit in person, to submit the appeal via post courier service.
– Why should I hire a lawyer for the appeal procedure?
– It is not mandatory to have a lawer on your side in such cases however without knowledge and experience on the appeal cases your chances to obtain the visa will be much less comparing to involment of lawer on your side. Many times people decide to hire a lawyer only after many tries to appeal by their own and repeated refusals. Unfortunatelly the more times a person received refusals the more complicated will be the work for lawyer.
– Is there any guarantee that the appeal will work out?
– Surely the well-prepared appeal letter and done additional legal actions will increase chances for visa in however unfortunately there cannot be any 100% guarantee because the right of the consideration on the matter belongs to the embassy/consulate. In other words if the visa refusal appeal will be refused then the applicant will have only two options: to re-apply for a new visa or to appeal to the Ukrainian court (in such case the fact of the previous appeal will be a big advantage that proves applicant’s intentions). In addition, case by case it is possible to assume estimated chances to get a visa trough the appeal process.
– My friends say that the visa appeal appeal procedure is a waste of time and funds.
– That is absolutelly incorrect. If you would not appeal then the situation will remain the same. It is better to do everything possible. If you will just re-apply on visa one more time again or even more times then you demonstrate that you agreed with previous refusal decision and its reasons. Instead if you will appeal the visa refusal decision then you demonstrate a strong disagreement with unfair and/or mistaken decision. Moreover, you can check our real testimonials and regular updates about cases that won our lawyer on every type of visa (short and long term, work, study, family reunion, private and business visit, even tourism etc) and in many countries all over the world.
Would you like to see real feedbacks about visa refusal appeal cases that won our lawyer?